NEWS + CALENDAR
» Upcoming events
Our newsletter (Das Laternlein)
Das Laternlein is the school's weekly newsletter with announcements, opportunities and events. If you would like to post something, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Die Laterne is our twice-yearly publication, with a financial update, messages from the Head of the School and the Board, as well as more in-depth articles.
Enjoy our current issue or explore our Das Laternlein and Die Laterne archives.
- Thank you! Thanks for all the goodies during last week’s staff appreciation!
- Love/Liebe Prints Available: Anyone interested in ordering an 11”x14” mounted and framed print of our entire student body for $100 can do so in the front lobby until May 17th.
- GSP Account Balance: The end of the school year is right around the corner! This is a friendly reminder that your GSP account should be current by June 1st. Also, as of today, you will no longer be able to bill anything to your GSP account. If you have questions, please contact Jackie.
- School Calendar: The 2013-14 academic calendar is now available.
- Yearbook: Preorder your yearbook today. Yearbooks will arrive this summer. The cost is $28 each plus postage costs if mailing overseas or to another state. Samples and sign-up sheets are available at the front desk.
- Summer Camp: Enrollment is in full swing and we are only a few days away from the first cut off. Below is a list of the camps that need a few more children to meet minimum enrollment requirements.
6/17 – 6/21: Slackline, Frisbee Golf, Co. with Frau Peterson
6/24 – 6/28: Your Room is Your Castle with Frau Melles
Things that Fly with Frau Heckmann
7/1 – 7/5: Girl Power with Frau Peterson
Cool Gifts & Fun Techniques with Frau Melles
- As always, camps are filled on a first come, first served basis; payment must accompany the registration form to confirm enrollment in any camp. Parents will be notified by 5/24 if a camp does not have enough students enrolled to be offered. Summer camp registration forms are available online.
- Congratulations! Current student, Christian P. and alumnus, Keegan K. (Class of ’11), both submitted winning videos to Concordia Language Villages’ annual contest ‘Why Learn German?’ For their efforts, they were awarded scholarships to attend Waldsee, Concordia’s German-immersion camp in northern Minnesota this summer. Current student, Jasper W. and alumna, Giselle W. (Class of ’12), were also recipients of Concordia’s Passport Fund scholarship; awarded for outstanding essays about the personal importance in learning German. – Way to go!
- Fencing AG: Thank you to all the families who attended our Fencing Demonstration on April 17th. We are hoping to partner with the Northwest Fencing Center next fall to hold a fencing AG on Fridays from 2:10-3:10pm for 2nd -5th grade. We would like to make arrangements with the center before another school books them. Please contact Ashley Parsons, by next Wednesday May 22nd, if your child would be interested in participating.
- Help GSP Grow, Get $500: Did you know current GSP families are eligible to receive a $500 tuition credit for bringing a new family to GSP? If the new family indicates they heard about the school from you and they enroll in the program, we will credit your account with $500. For complete details and any restrictions, please contact Jackie Ortega in the business office.
- Maifest 2013: Maifest will be on May 18 at Oaks Park with a great extended program: Liederkreis Choir, Tyrolean dancers, Maydance , 2 children choirs, a kids folk dance group , jodler and the band Chervona - known for their dance music nobody can resist. There will be German food - beer – kids’ corner - raffle - art & craft - all set up to go - in rain or shine! More information can be found here. Come celebrate with us, bring family and friends and spread the word!